Monday, June 23, 2014

¡¡¡¡¡¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!


I'm writing today while team Mexico is playing in the world cup.  The streets are empty.  The entire city of Xalapa is watching the game.

I sure am glad the family could have a fun time in Seattle. Bummer about Dad and his foot. I hope he gets better soon.

It's always so fun to hear how the family is doing. I can't wait to get to know everybody again in 10 months.

This week we saw a wonderful blessing from the Lord. We went to eat with an active member, his wife, and their 9 year old daughter. After talking with the daughter for about 20 minutes about her vast collection of Monster High dolls she showed us, the dad told, ''Hey, Elders, my daughter's not actually baptized. Would you like to baptize her for us?'' After we picked our jaws off the floor, we were like... ''Of course!'' He then said that he had gone inactive for a time and was just waiting for some good Elders to come in and have his daughter baptized. ''Me caen bien. La pueden bautizar, si ella quiere.'' And she smiled really big when she said that she wanted to get baptized. Talk about seriously undeserved blessings. The Lord's hand is in all things. We were just hoping to eat some tasty food and look what we found. Tonight we're doing a family home evening with them and we'll teach them basically a lesson a day so she can be baptized on Sunday. What a miracle. Maybe she'll get baptized in a Sunday more, but we shall see. In any case, we're seriously astounded at how the Lord prepares His children.

Being in Mexico for the world cup has been super fun. Whenever the games are on the streets are dead. A ghost town. Walking by the houses and businesses you can hear the same channel playing on every TV set - el mundial. Currently Mexico is playing and the game decides everything for them so the whole city is crazy. From what I've heard France, Belgium, and Holland are dominating in the world cup right now. Mexico currently playing just needs to tie and will advance to the finals.  Also, the Tazo toys I told you about - some special Tazos have come out recently that can snap together and form a soccer ball. I already have mi pelota armada with 12 tazos. I'll only be in Mexico for the world cup once!

Goooooooooolllll Mexico (queue the fireworks in the street)

I sent my Danner boots to get repaired with a member who fixes shoes. The heel part of the sole has been wearing down recently so he repaired it glueing the matierial of airplane tires as a replacement. I'm pretty sure that will last me for a while.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Otro GOOOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (queue more fireworks)



In just one week I will have a new mission President. Who knows how he'll be, but I look forward to meeting him!

!!!!!!!!OTRO GOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!  SON 3!

That was quick, and this city is very happy.  Until next week.

The streets of Xalapa:

No comments:

Post a Comment