Monday, August 26, 2013

Loving it

This week went by unbelievably quickly! It honestly feels like one day ago I was in the internet cafe writing... I know what Ezra Taft Benson means when he says that the secret to missionary work is work! Elder G and I did all we could do work as efficiently as possible, and the time flew!

My house is pretty much the funnest house ever. I took pictures of the various animals I have found living in it. The frog was in the sink and the scorpion was in the bathroom. Good thing Harvey McGill gave me that Benchmade knife, or I don't know what I would have done with the scorpion in the shower with my feet exposed. I just laugh at how awesome my house is. It's a true cultural immersion experience. It's actually really comfortable because it's spacey (because missionaries don't own items to clutter the house) and cool due to the windows and fans.

Last night slash this morning a tropical storm passed over Tuxpan - and I thought I knew what rain was. The sky was one giant waterfall and our door blew open because of the rain. Holy smokes. We had to stay inside a bit late this morning and wait out the storm, but it sure was neat to see! My Danner boots are coming in handy, that's for sure.

Seeing as now the minimum number of sacrament meetings before baptism has changed from 2 to 5, I am super excited for all the good this will do for the work. The new system is going to involve a lot more love and caring and actually doing what Preach My Gospel tells us to do. I look forward to learning more tomorrow at the Zone conference with President Lopez.

I really haven't been writing about investigators since I arrived in Mexico, you may have noticed... but hopefully after what President Lopez tells us tomorrow, that will change. Thank you for the advice to just love the members. Regardless of anything anybody anywhere along the line says, I can always share my love with the members. That has helped me immensely this week. I gave little Carlitos one of my nametags for him to keep. ''¡Hola, soy Elder mini-Dorrough!''

I'll attach some photos now. I can't wait to share with you what President tells us this week and how things change in the mission for the better.


The companion
This is the Taco-Móvil...you eat tacos in a trailer as it takes you around thte city.  If that's not a fun Mexican experience, I don't know what is!
 This is the post-kill shot of the scorpion.  Yeah, my house is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment